Second Iraqi short film
Half Moon in Melbourne
Great success of Half
Moon in Spain
Bahman Ghobadi in
Half Moon in London,
France and Germany
Premiere of David &
Layla in Beverly Hills
Ghobadi will work with
Free screening of
David & Layla in Verona-
message to the festival
David & Layla at
Half Moon at Tribeca
Screening of David &
Laylat at Verona Film
The First Hamburg
Kurdish Film Festival
The Fist Paris Kurdish
Half Moon in Portugal,
USA and Germany
Melbourne Kurdish Film
Call for submissions for 2nd Iraqi Short Film Festival
KurdishCinema.com / 7 August 2007
The 2nd Iraqi Short Film Festival will take place
in Erbil, in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Films
from all across the country, but also from all over
the world will be screened during the festival.
The 2nd Iraqi Short Film Festival will be held
from the 18th of August 2007, for three days.
We invite Kurdish, Arabic and non-Iraqi
filmmakers to submit their works to the festival
programme. Documentary and short films are
accepted, with English subtitles.
Conditions for submitting copies for selection
Films From all over the world.
Genres All (Short films and documentaries).
Format Screening DV cam (or DVD). Preview: DVD.
Maximum length 50 minutes.
Subtitle All films should be subtitled in English.
Deadline 08 Augustus 2007.
Submission cost / Mailing cost All mailing costs for submissions belong to the directors or
producers. The festival does not pay for any expenses towards sending preview copies to
festival committee for the selection.
Return Policy on Preview Copies Preview copies can not be returned to the directors or
Producers. All films will be kept in the Iraqi Short Film Festival Film Archive.
Application for submissions
Details of applicant:
Producer(s) (if different from above)
Duration Minutes Seconds
Original language of film
Is this a Iraq premiere?
Is this a world premiere?
• A brief synopsis of the film
• Screening history of submission
• Film maker CV / Biographical note
• Minimum of 3 still images on an additional CD / DVD (JPEG or TIFF formats preferred)
I HAVE READ & UNDERSTOOD THE CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 8th AUGUSTUS 2007
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING & SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
• There is no definite entry fee for applications.
• Although the production date of a given piece of work is not taken into consideration, the
festival greatly welcomes relevant films of recent completion.
• Although there is no limit for the number of works a film maker may submit, the festival may
be able to show a maximum of two films from same director. If you have submitted more than
two films, then these may be considered by the committee for the forthcoming festivals.
• If you are submitting more than one film, a separate application must be made for each.
• Preview copies may only be submitted in DVD format.
• Screening copies can be accepted in the following formats: Mini DV / DV CAM / DVD. If you
have any other format please let us know immediately. We will inform you whether or not your
film may be shown in its original format as soon as possible. Sadly, we cannot screen films on
VHS copies for its poor quality.
The festival is unable to consider works in NTSC format.
• All tapes / DVDs must be clearly marked with: The Filmmakers Name, The Title of Work, Exact
Running Time and Format.
• All packages sent from outside must be clearly marked:
NOT FOR TRADE / NO COMMERCIAL VALUE / LOAN FOR FESTIVAL / VALUE = 0
• Preview copies will be retained by the festival for archive & educational purposes.
• All screening copies must arrive by 8th August 2007.
• The festival cannot pay for courier / shipping costs incurred on receiving screening copies.
• Insurance is partly the responsibility of the filmmaker and producer. The festival does not
accept responsibility for any damages incurred during transit but accepts responsibly during
screening and while films stays with the festival.
• Should your film be accepted, the festival will request additional information for press &
Publicity, such as posters and any other printed PR material you may have. A minimum of 3
JPEG / PDF / TIFF stills should be submitted on an additional CD with the initial application
• Submitting your work to the festival indicates automatic acceptance of the above terms.
1) Preview copy of film with English subtitles
2) Completed application form
5) Biographical notes
6) CD containing 3 still images.
We look forward to receiving your films. Copies should be sent to the address below:
OUTSIDE IRAQ 2nd Iraqi Short Film Festival Committee
1325 PL, Almere
WITHIN IRAQ Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Decision making procedure The festival organizing committee will watch the preview copies to
make the decision. All the directors and producers will be informed about the committee’s
decision by the third week of August 2007.