in USA from 20th of July
1st Paris Kurdish Film
5th London Kurdish
Yilmaz Guney Short
Film Festival in London
Call for 5th London
Kurdish Film Festival
Shewket Amin Korki
Ghobadi is a jury in San
Sebastian Film Festival
Second Iraqi short film
Half Moon in Melbourne
Great success of Half
Moon in Spain
Bahman Ghobadi in
Half Moon in London,
France and Germany
Premiere of David &
Layla in Beverly Hills
Ghobadi will work with
Free screening of
David & Layla in Verona-
message to the festival
David & Layla at
Half Moon at Tribeca
Screening of David &
Laylat at Verona Film
The First Hamburg
Kurdish Film Festival
The Fist Paris Kurdish
Half Moon in Portugal,
USA and Germany
Melbourne Kurdish Film
Yılmaz Güney Short Film Competition 2007
KurdishCinema - October 9 2007
The competition is organised by London Kurdish Film festival in
memory of the great Kurdish director Yılmaz Güney.
1. The Competition for 2007 is open to short films made in
2006 and 2007. Any short film already shown in a previous
London Kurdish Film Festival is not eligible for entry.
2.The Competition is open to Kurdish film makers and
non-Kurds whose work is about the Kurds or Kurdish issues.
3.The Competition is closed to LKFF Organising Committee
members and its employees.
4.The film must be no more than 30 minutes in length,
including any title or end credits.
5.Copies can be accepted in the following formats: 35mm /
BETA SP / Mini DV / DV CAM / DVD. We regret we cannot accept
submissions (except for selection purposes only) on VHS due to
its poor quality. All tapes / DVDs must be clearly marked with:
The filmmakers name, the title of the work, exact running time
6. The film must have English subtitles.
7. All films must be received by 5pm (17:00) 15 October 2007.
8. Submission of short films is limited to a maximum of two films per person.
9. Films submitted to any other competition can also enter the LKFF Yılmaz Güney Short Film
10. Three prizes will be awarded (1st, 2nd and 3rd). The awards to be decided by the festival
committee according to the festival budget.
11. LKFF reserves the exclusive right to use the Entrant's Short Film to market the Competition
or showcase the work of LKFF.
12. LKFF reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason at its absolute discretion.
13. The decisions of the judges and LKFF are final. No correspondence or discussion will be
entered into concerning any decision.
14. The entrant must submit only his/her own original work and agrees and confirms that this
will not infringe on copyright or any other rights of any third party.
15. All mailing costs for submissions belong to the entrant. The London Kurdish Film Festival
does not pay for any expenses towards sending submissions to the competition.
16. Submitted copies cannot be returned to the Entrant. Copies of all submissions will be kept
in the London Kurdish Film Festival Film Archive.
17. Attendance by the entrant at the London Kurdish Film Festival will be at their own expense.
The LKFF is only able to provide a guest pass giving admission to the festival programme.
18. No responsibility is taken by LKFF for loss, damage or delay to short films entered.
19. LKFF reserves the right to seek and issue publicity on behalf of the entrant. By entering the
Competition, the entrant agrees to participate in publicity as appropriate in the context of the
20. The short film is made at the entrant's own expense and LKFF shall not be liable to
reimburse any expenses incurred in making an entry.
21. Short films must not include strong language, scenes of a clearly sexual nature, or
distressing scenes. Short films that contain defamatory or obscene material, are of an explicitly
violent nature or are likely to incite bigotry/racial or religious and ethnic prejudice will be rejected.
22. The entrant must ensure that all contributions to his/her short film or recordings or other
submissions and any copyright material included in the short film (including music) have been
cleared for all purposes of the Competition and these Terms and Conditions.
23. LKFF accept no responsibility for any misuse of intellectual property rights.
24. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is a condition of entry and receipt of an entry by
LKFF (submission) amounts to acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
LKFF Yılmaz Güney Short Film Competition
APPLICATION FOR SUBMISSIONS
DETAILS OF APPLICANT:
SUBMITTED FILM’S DETAILS:
Duration: Hours: Minutes: Seconds:
Original language of film:
• A brief synopsis of the film
• Screening history of submission
• Film maker CV / Biographical note
• Minimum of 3 still images on an additional CD / DVD (JPEG or TIFF formats
I HAVE READ & UNDERSTOOD THE CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION
For more information please visit London Kurdish Film Festival's website: www.lkff.co.uk